Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes We Did

I woke up to an email of congratulations from a dear friend in Ireland. The hope that rides with Obama's presidency (!) stretches across the globe. Our first glimmer of hope that we may have a place at the table of the new world order - that we may in fact not be the pack of raving idiots the last eight years often made us appear to be to the eyes of the world.

I find it very telling that at the McCain party, when he mentioned Obama there were boos and jeers from the hateful, infantile audience. Meanwhile, at the Obama party, when he mentioned McCain there was respectful applause. Here's to the party of classy, educated grown-ups being in the White House. Bring on the arugula.

I know we have an uphill battle. We have angry white supremacists (hello idiots, he's half white) and bible beaters that will be doing everything to bring Obama down. I have a family member who quoted that Obama was a Palestinian Muslim. Who knows what other ridiculousness the hater propaganda machine will churn out over the next four years.

I'm so relieved I don't have to move to Canada to escape a looming Palin. I don't like cold weather.

It's my sincere hope that the new White House puppy be a mutt from the pound.

Happy new America Wednesday, everyone.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home