Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gratitude

When you get down to point zero and are finally without ego, open, defenseless, help comes in different and sometimes unexpected forms. I've noticed even in good times that when I take a moment out of the frenetics to stop, center myself and say "thank you," I can physically feel a shift - an easing - in my body.

Thank you for all the support, comments and concern. I have been touched by the offers of job help, connection help, and sympathetic ear help.

One form help took was the loan of a book called "The Cancer Monologue Project" from a good friend. I was reading it yesterday as I try to process my thoughts and feelings about my friend who has cancer and this quote smacked me in the center of my chest:

When you come to the edge of all that you know,
You must believe in one of two things,
There will earth upon which to stand
or you will be given wings

-Author Unknown

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home